Wednesday, March 2, 2011

1st Wednesday Feedback

Tonight was 1st Wednesday at NHC. As always, I'm so encouraged by being there and worshiping, celebrating communion and praying with my church family.

Here are some things I so appreciate about 1st Wednesdays:
1. The young families who come out on a weeknight. I know it's not easy.
2. The ladies who serve our parents and children. By doing so you miss the worship, but I think you understand your calling and love to serve.
3. The band and tech team who come to church when most of us are getting home from work to practice. When do you guys eat supper? Thanks for what you bring every worship gathering.
4. Tom and Joanne Adams for arriving early to get the communion elements ready for us.
5. The joy and passion everyone has when they arrive to meet together with their church family and with God. As I teach I can see it in your faces. You're into it.
6. The more intimate feeling. I love Sundays. But 1st Wednesdays is more like family time, and every church needs that.
7. No one is in a hurry to get home when it's over. Lots of fellowship happens in the lobby!

How about you? What is it about 1st Wednesdays that you love?

3 comments:

  1. First Wednesday is a time for me to reflect on the changes that are occurring in my life. I enjoy seeing our partners and guests really getting into worship and not just going through motions.

    We eat when we can which for me is normally after First Wednesday. Maybe we should have a corn dog night?

    Larry "Z"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love stepping back from the mic and listening to people sing. I love that the band can just kind of wing it on some songs and just follow where God takes us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love just being with my brother's and sister's.What a time we will have in heaven!I love the teaching too.It's just great to be there. Love Ms,Dolley

    ReplyDelete