Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sunday Feedback September 11

We will never forget. We will always remember.
What did you see, hear and experience that God used Sunday to get your attention drawn to Him?

And if you attended the picnic, share about that as well.

2 comments:

  1. The day after the attack on 9/11, my brother-in-law was immediately sent to DC to work the Pentagon. He was a CID agent with the Army. He wasn't even given permission to see his wife and children before he left. He was gone for a couple of months. Soon after, he was shipped to Iraq and fought for nearly 18 months. I tied a yellow ribbon to a tree in our front yard and was getting excited to pull it off as soon as he returned safely, only to find out my other brother-in-law was being sent oversees. Before he returned, my first brother-in-law was sent BACK to Iraq for another year. I thought that ribbon would never come off. But, they are still safe...still serving. As many others have, our family has felt, personally felt, the effects of 9/11.

    I surrendered my life to Christ when I was 10 years old. I KNOW that I am saved. But today, I really FELT that I am saved. Comparing what Christ did 2,000 years ago with what the rescuers and military have done, made me feel grateful to my Savior in a way that words could not express. Great sermon!

    Lori Williams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for drawing a clear and dramatic parallel between earthly heroes and our Savior. Memorable message. Watching the 9/11 documentary on Sunday night at home and attending the Patriot Luncheon on Monday added an exclamation mark to this year's Patriot Day experience.

    ReplyDelete