Monday, January 2, 2012

Is your home a "refuge"?

I opened up Facebook this morning to find this post from a friend.
This morning I woke up at 2:00am. I couldn't stop thinking of my kids and the influence they have on other teens. Jade had her two friends over and they were still up. I got up at 3:00 because I could hear them talking and the Lord impressed on me check on them. God was speaking in his still small voice to pray with them.
These girls told me how much they appreciated Jade. They said they didn't know what they do without her. My home is a refuge for teens. I thank the Lord for them to come and prayed with them.
How do you use your home to impact your friends and neighbors for Christ? Is is seen by your kids' friends or by your friends as a "refuge" from the world - a place where there is love, guidance, acceptance and safety?

There are so many ways to be a witness in your world!

No comments:

Post a Comment