
For the most part growth is best measured over long periods. We have an orchid that I enjoy watching grow but I don't expect to see change from one day to the next except when it is about bloom. Then there is rapid, visible change! If it's true for a plant, it's even more true for people, especially our children. Pascal started doing push-ups a couple of weeks ago. I thought I could keep up with him. No way! Then the other day Sylvie, Anastasia, Juliet and I went for a walk. Towards the end Anastasia and I picked up the pace. As we neared the car I said let's see who can get there the fastest. She beat me. Not only do we see physical growth in our children but also spiritual growth. We thank God for them. They are "blooming" nicely.
We are thanking God not only for the growth we see in our children but also for what's happening at the CEP and the ICG. A friend was recently talking about the the way God works. He had observed that often His work in individuals starts in hidden, intimate places then it breaks out for all to see. We've been seeing some signs of what God is doing:
A number of people are asking for information about baptism
People praying for each other after our worship services
The integration and acceptance of Jean-Yves as pastor of the CEP
Another area where growth is occurring is among the ITeams missionaries serving in Grenoble. Over the last few years we've welcomed two new families, making us 5 families serving in Grenoble. We are also working together to form a more cohesive team and have adopted a purpose statement:
Our purpose is to encourage, resource and facilitate the development of transforming communities among churches in Grenoble through the design and implementation of specialized projects.
We are involved in 7 projects and we long to see the churches of Grenoble passionately involved in transforming their communities for Christ.
Finally we've seen some good progress with the development of ITeams France. Thierry Mirone is doing a great job of mobilizing teams and getting involved with other missions agency in order to invigorate the mobilization of short-terms teams throughout the churches in France.
Thank you...
Each time I write one of these updates my thoughts shift between what I'm writing and everyone who receives it. We live in troubled times with lots of uncertainty. But we find comfort in the truth that God is here and his care for us knows no bounds. He is renewing us. And somehow the fellowship we have contributes to his purposes, in our lives and in our ministries. My prayers are with you. And we thank you for your prayers.
With love in Christ,
Matt
The Glocks will be with us at NHC for 6 weeks this summer.
I'm really looking forward to hanging with the Glocks again this summer!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait till the kids are here this summer to hang with Contagious Youth. Oh, Matt and Sylvie also.
ReplyDelete