After both gathering I was asked, "So was the Texas pastor right or wrong when he said that Mormons weren't Christians?". I thought I answered that, but apparently not as clearly as was needed.
Here's what I said.
"That’s also why there are some groups with whom we just can’t fellowship. Their understanding of Jesus and the salvation He brought is different in major ways. Maybe it’s the addition of good works as a requirement for salvation... Maybe it’s the addition of another book that’s put on equal basis with the Bible or the denial of the Trinity. Those are all religious traditions that have been added to Christ by men."
That pretty much describes Mormonism. I encourage you to scroll down a couple of posts on this blog and read more about Mormonism and Christianity.
Love Song: Where Are They Now?
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment