This summer NHC will be hosting a summer intern from Liberty University. Jacob Brinkley is going into his junior year at LU and is majoring in youth ministry. Jacob will be working about 20 hours a week this summer with our student ministry and serving on Sunday mornings as well. This is our opportunity as a church to help Jacob learn some new things in ministry and gain some insights on how we function together as a church.
Jacob will be arriving in just a few weeks as his semester at LU is coming to a close. Take opportunities to get to know Jacob, invite him over for a good home cooked meal, get to know Jacob and for him to get to know you.
NHC will need to house Jacob for the summer. We are looking for a family that will take Jacob in and give him a place to live this summer, not just a place to stay. This could be the most rewarding part of his internship as he builds a special relationship with a family from NHC. If you would like to know more about giving Jacob a place to live for the summer please contact Andy at the church office or on his cell phone.
Love Song: Where Are They Now?
3 years ago
awesome!
ReplyDeleteI did internships my first two summers of college. The two families that opened their homes to me were great and made an investment in my life I could not repay.
ReplyDeleteGail and I got to visit with one of my summer "moms" in Florida during our recent trip, 35 years after that summer!
35 years from now, Carol and Les will be over 100 years old. I think I might have to make sure I visit them sometime before then......
ReplyDelete