Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sunday Feedback December 18

What was it about Christ that compelled the Magi to travel and seek Him, then as pagans worship Him? Ever take that for granted?

A week of serving the homeless wrapped up with breakfast.

Be sure to invite others to attend our Christmas Eve gatherings at 5 and 6:30.

4 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever heard a Christmas message that touched me more than today's. It really is overwhelming that God cares for us...me...so intimately. I was moved to tears. God planned every detail, right down to the magi's gifts. This whole Advent Conspiracy series has been truly wonderful. This Christmas has been even better than last year's for Pat and me. It is such a little thing, to help others out of our abundance. It has not really ever cost us anything, other than excess dollars. But Christ gave His life willingly. I'll never understand that kind of love, the choice to sacrifice everything for people who mostly don't know or care, which included all of us when we were still seekers. I am just increasingly grateful that He did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The message was very powerful. I left there thinking...no matter the costs and sacrifices of this world...it should be our one and only goal to fall on our knees to worship Him. How many people would give up everything (even the risk of death) to go worship someone you didn't even know? The point came loud and clear that the Magi didn't have the Bible or all the history. We do and yet our faith is dismal compared to these men. The focus of our days are spent doing so many useless things when it all comes down to the truth. So many people think Christmas isn't magical like it was when we were children. I've never had more magical Christmases as I have the last 3 years (with much less "stuff").

    ReplyDelete
  3. And just when you think you've become aware of all the details of the Christmas story, the wise men are presented as they truly were--pagan and of great faith. Some might argue that as scientists it was curiosity that carried them over the hundreds of miles. But we know they packed gifts for a King when they left their homeland. What faith! I think my 2011 resolution will be to have the faith of a little child.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This Christmas message touched my heart. I left the worship with tears in my eyes. To think how these wise men traveled all that way...who knows how long it took, to worship Him. We are so very fortunate to have the knowledge we have today (with many thanks to Pastor Rick) and to think we don't fall on our knees daily to worship Him. Also, that God sent his only son Jesus to "us" knowing how he would suffer.
    I also want to mention the goosebumps I had while Rachel sang "Oh Holy Night" it was truly beautiful...Great job Rachel! Wow what a worship, one not to have been missed. Big thanks to Pastor Rick for making it so personal and special.

    ReplyDelete