Sunday I took a few minutes to share my brother Scott's story. So far one NHC partner has told me that she related to what I shared. But it might be better if you heard it from Scott.
If you are not sure that you have been reborn, why not make sure?
Love Song: Where Are They Now?
3 years ago
It was a powerful worship gathering...I'm very glad that I was able to be there.
ReplyDeleteI often ponder on the ways God causes our lives to intersect and then impact on each other. Many years ago a young man in our former church gave a very similar testimony. At the time I remember being amazed by this becasue I always thought he was saved, having know him for over 20 years. After coming to the Lord he went onto Bible college and then seminary, and eventually into youth minsrty. I know of at least three young men who came to the Lord because of his testimony on that particular evening; one is a pastor of a church, another is a very prosperous businessman in Philadelphia who uses his funds to help students who cannot otherwise afford tuition at Christian schools and the third works along with a church, in Camden City, by doing youth outreach via a sandlot sports program. It is hard to estimate the number of others who have found new life in Christ because this young man was honest and open with our church family. Much fruit will come from your Scott's testimony as well.
ReplyDeleteps...Mom and Dad must be rejoicing: " I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth" ..no matter how old they may be! So glad for your entire family.
I admire Scott's honesty. I may be wrong but I personally believe he was saved before but never really developed a close relationship with God. This is a terrific new start for him and his testimony will have a huge impact on many people. I know Scott's family is really proud of him.
ReplyDeleteI was baptized 40 or so years ago. But my attitude wasn't right, and , as I wrote in my personal story when I became a partner here, "I saw baptism more as a means to church membership than as a symbol of the new life I now had." For many years, my walk with the Lord was mostly lukewarm. I moved here in 1995, found NHC, and loved the spirit and the teaching. But several years later, I fell away from NHC and God. I won't go into all the details, except to say that the situation was 100% my fault. Six months later, I had an overwhelming encounter with God, that totally changed my life. Through grace and forgiveness, I once again became a partner here in 2002. (Note: our elders are my heroes.) On Sunday morning, while Rick was sharing Scott's story, I had another similar encounter with the Lord. I realized that my real salvation experience was in 2002, and I needed to be baptized again, this time for the right reason: to celebrate my new life with Christ. So that will happen in a couple of weeks. God is so good.
ReplyDeleteBrenda, I had a similar experience. I was first baptised at age 11. At age 40, I realized that I now knew what I was leaving under that water, and I wanted to do it again. It was well worth the wait. Although I do believe I was saved at 11, my choice to follow baptism again was about demonstrating my own understanding of what it truly meant.
ReplyDeleteI love you dearly. Thank you for sharing.
Scott has touched many this week!