
It was "Shoebox Dedication Day". And we did an overview of "The Journey", saying goodbye to our series on Moses' life.
Today was a great day! Share with us how Sunday's worship this week impacted you.
If you didn't bring in a shoebox, but want to participate, we'll receive them at NHC until Wednesday afternoon. Or, if it's more convenient, Kitty Hawk Methodist Church is the local collection center. Go here to get the details on packing a box. There are specific instructions about contents, packing and a request for a donation (which you can do online).
And if you want to see the video again we showed this morning, click here.
I loved one thing in particular that Rick said...if your choices give you peace then that is how you know it's God's will. Plain and simple...just the way I love to hear it!
ReplyDeleteThe shoe box dedication was super powerful and touching. Do we know how many we collected this year??
I don't know how many, but maybe Steve or Diana Wise got a count.
ReplyDeleteWe missed be there! I hope more people will comment so I can read about it!
ReplyDeletereports are we have broken an NHC record with over 100 shoeboxes!!!
ReplyDeleteJust goes to show ya how different we are. Different places in our walk with God, different needs, individual personal words from God to each one of us. That's what I heard when the different testimonies were read Sunday about how Moses' life impacted you. Some of those testimonies touched me too. So know that, all you have to do is not be afraid to say how God has touched you because He'll use that to touch someone else. Thanks to everyone that made this day super special.
ReplyDeletePaula Farah
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI noticed in the testimonies that most of us identified with Moses, Aaron, Miriam and others when they were acting against God's plan. I think that is because we are still fighting the same spiritual warfare that Moses and the others were fighting! We know the warfare can hit us if we just decide to step out in faith in a small way... Imagine the weapons that were brought out when Moses decided to lead into the promised land millions of God's chosen people. Same enemy, same war, same tactics used against ordinary people and their weaknesses. But we know how that war ends. That's the good news!
ReplyDelete