Feel free to include comments about Saturday's Celebration of Life for Tommy Drake.
Sunday everything (it seems) that could go wrong went wrong at 9:00, but just to show it's not by might or by power but by God's Spirit, He blessed our blunders.
Who's in on the Advent Conspiracy? Share your thoughts and ideas.
Next Sunday: Celebrating 40 Days of Love!
Love Song: Where Are They Now?
3 years ago
At 9:00 my notes went from page 4 to page 6. Page 5 was on my desk! (To hear what you missed, check out the podcast later this week!!)
ReplyDeleteOther things that went awry:
Rick's mic batteries were dead.
The video of Brenda's testimony wasn't in sync with the audio.
A verse from one of the songs was missing on the screen.
Good thing we get a second chance! That's grace!!
Missing parts.. oh my! I was reminded of an awful lot with what you presented, so I am really looking forward to the podcast.
ReplyDeleteTo be honest with you, I have been wrestling lately with the thought that maybe I am “too busy” to give of myself in ministry and in other areas of life, as some would have me believe. But today, I was reminded that I am here as His hands and feet and how terribly wrong it would be to turn inward and only share His love with my own children and family when there are so many more that want and need to know Him. It does my heart good when I hear my almost eight year old searching for ways to help and hearing her teacher say how nurturing her spirit is at school. Also, what would I be teaching my children, my first charge, if they see me not reaching out, not loving, not helping others, or not pointing them to Christ.
So, yes this Christmas we will be participating in Advent Conspiracy! But, just as worship is not just for Sunday, I want to be a purposeful giving, serving and loving follower of Christ every day.
Thanks for another great Sunday!
We were challenged by the message Sunday morning. So Monday night Ty and I sat down and went Christmas shopping with World Vision. Ty has picked out a goat and 2 chickens to go to a 3rd world family. He also wants to send a pig and some food. I pray my children grow up with a proper view of Christmas. It's not about the stuff and the "gimmes".
ReplyDelete