Dear Family and Friends,
I have more great news to report from Precious Miracles in Ecuador!
I mentioned in my previous letter, that I was to become a foster mom to two precious miracles in December. That plan came true with a slight twist. At the beginning of this month, a third precious little miracle was added to my household.
I am currently caring for three little girls in my apartment here in Quito. Nataly is five years old, Joselyn, her sister, is four years old and Flor is also four years old. Flor has severe cerebral palsy and is still in diapers, does not walk, and her vocabulary consists of approximately eight words. She is a sweet little girl who has a gorgeous smile and she makes our house and our routine even more fun. I am currently homeschooling Nataly and Joselyn which keeps me busy during the mornings. Twice a week Flor goes to physical, occupation, and speech therapy which she thoroughly enjoys.
Please keep my family in your prayers as we deal with the day to day adventures. Please also pray that all three of these girls will be joined with their adoptive families very soon. All three of them have been declared “adoptable” by the government here in Ecuador. We are now waiting for interested families to choose to love these girls forever.
And speaking of forever families, our little Alex is now with his. Alex had been with the Precious Miracles Foundation since July 2006. Two weeks before Christmas he met his adoptive father and mother and is now living with them in Riobamba, Ecuador. I’m attaching a photo of the day this loving couple met their son. It was a beautiful moment and there were many tears shed. Our psychologist, Dr. Reyes, went to Riobamba to do a follow-up visit and he reports that the child and his parents have adapted wonderfully and that everyone is doing very well. Please pray for this family as they continue to adjust to each other.
For some who still may not have heard, I authored a book during my furlough. It has now been released and I’m eagerly spreading the news to anyone who wishes to purchase one to read more about the miraculous stories of the children God has put in my path. The book is titled For the Least of These. Please contact me if you are interested.
Thank you for your consistent, faithful support and for remembering us in your prayers. I am always touched when I hear that people all over the world are praying for the Precious Miracles in Ecuador.
I pray that God will continue to bless you,
Stacey Smith
I was so impressed and moved by the generosity and maturity of Stacey when she visited NHC. This latest communication just extends that even more. I definitely want to buy the book--to help her ministry as well as learn more about the amazing gift. It's obvious that she sees God through the eyes of the children in her care.
ReplyDelete