Life comes at you fast. When I look back at the last year, I never would have DREAMED that some things would happen. Yet, God knew. He was looking for us to join him. I can't control or predict the future. I can only, with his grace, ride the wave that he sends our way.
This was one of my favorite messages yet. I think because it was so easy to relate to the wave and living here. Not that I surf but now at least I can argue that I DO catch waves. Just not salty ones. It was powerful. The fact that God knows what is best for my future regardless of what I think it should be gives me true peace. It really allows me to just live for Him and stop being so concerned about what is to come. Like EVERY Sunday the music was beautiful and appropriate!
Also, I want to comment on Burnie's Missions Class. It was really awesome! It opens your eyes to new ways of sharing the Good News with others in a culture that is so "touchy" about talking about it. We had a great class and I encourage anyone who hasn't taken it to sign up!
I always think that visioneering (casting a vision) messages like yesterday's are the best. People need and want to see a picture of what their lives and the lives of those around them could be like if they really caught the wave. I pray that every Sunday of 2009 is as exciting and challenging as the first two have been.
Life comes at you fast. When I look back at the last year, I never would have DREAMED that some things would happen. Yet, God knew. He was looking for us to join him. I can't control or predict the future. I can only, with his grace, ride the wave that he sends our way.
ReplyDeleteThis was one of my favorite messages yet. I think because it was so easy to relate to the wave and living here. Not that I surf but now at least I can argue that I DO catch waves. Just not salty ones. It was powerful. The fact that God knows what is best for my future regardless of what I think it should be gives me true peace. It really allows me to just live for Him and stop being so concerned about what is to come. Like EVERY Sunday the music was beautiful and appropriate!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I want to comment on Burnie's Missions Class. It was really awesome! It opens your eyes to new ways of sharing the Good News with others in a culture that is so "touchy" about talking about it. We had a great class and I encourage anyone who hasn't taken it to sign up!
ReplyDeleteI always think that visioneering (casting a vision) messages like yesterday's are the best. People need and want to see a picture of what their lives and the lives of those around them could be like if they really caught the wave. I pray that every Sunday of 2009 is as exciting and challenging as the first two have been.
ReplyDelete