Tuesday, January 20, 2009

CREST

(Jodi Leary originally wrote this on her blog last summer after attending her first CREST.)

Communication Response Energizing Strategy Teams. Okay, so it's official (again), I love my church. Quarterly our church has its Wednesday night version of a business meeting (sorry, NHCers, I had to relate it to something). Tonight was our first since becoming members and I'm going to give you a list of phrases that I didn't here...keep in mind this is a Baptist church so this is a small miracle in itself.

Disclaimer: I've been in a Baptist church my entire life, throwing stones at myself here.I did not here:"Motion""Second""All in favor.""All opposed.""Stop biting, biting is not allowed.""Hitting is permissible as long as you avoid the face.""Why a spoon, cousin?" "Because it hurts more, you twit."Okay, so those last three are not ones that I've actually ever heard at a business meeting, but they might as well have been for all the arguing and manipulating that I've seen in the past.

So, tonight, after our first CREST meeting, we have come home energized and happy to be a part of something so "purpose driven" and "mission oriented." Now, we just have to figure out where we fit in to all that is NHC.

Update 1-20-09: My husband and I have both found our fit at NHC. I have become part of the nursery/children's ministry as the "Kiosk Queen" (Andy's title, not mine :) and my husband has joined the Milepost 13 Band as one of their bass players. He got a new bass guitar out of it...can't beat that. We love serving our church family and (shameless plug here) I would personally like to have a couple of back-up kiosker helpers, if anyone out there is looking for their place to serve. God bless!! ~Jodi

2 comments:

  1. See you tomorrow...snow willing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crest was awesome, as usual. Glad to see so many people there, but what's up with so many other people not coming (at least, the people who could have come but chose not to)?

    ReplyDelete