I asked Doug Whitley how it is that he remembers so many lines for his presentations, when I can't remember my own name some days! What a talent/gift he has! I was left with a good sense of the struggles of Moses and his people and how much God wants us just to trust in Him. I'm now very anxious to learn some deeper lessons each week. No pressure though!
Doug said, "Moses did not want to lead because he knew, 1st hand, that power corrupts. The people rebelled because 1) the wouldn't TRUST God 2) they wanted power 3)They wanted comfort and security
In the 40 years of wandering, they were to learn dependancy and obedience. 1.3 million people died as a result of their pride. 1 act of disobedience and anger kept Moses from the prmise fulfilled. He didn't honor God and took the glory for himself."
Those words really pricked my heart. How many times I am guilty of the SAME SIN. Pride, power-seeking, self-honoring behavior. Good stuff!
Wow, It was Awesome! After his performance, it was especially cool to see Him Worship in Song as well and singing. Moses Was singing and It was as powerful as his presentation on Stage. You could see the Joy and Praise in his whole being! WOW! That just added extra credibility to the whole Morning's presentation.
The whole performance was so insightful- Doug made me think of things that I never would have thought. He made Moses very real- Sometimes I have a hard time thinking of the people of the Bible as real people just like us- just along time ago!- And my boys had fun going to talk to him as Moses!!- Great day at church.
It was awesome to see so many people at church on a clod rainy day in January. And Moses showed up to boot. What a great day.
ReplyDeleteMike Hodgson
I asked Doug Whitley how it is that he remembers so many lines for his presentations, when I can't remember my own name some days! What a talent/gift he has! I was left with a good sense of the struggles of Moses and his people and how much God wants us just to trust in Him. I'm now very anxious to learn some deeper lessons each week. No pressure though!
ReplyDeleteDoug was fantastic. I even got the chills. Hope we have him back sometime.
ReplyDeleteToday was filled with fellowship, ministry, and team members pulling together so we all were able to meet "Moses". To say the least, today was great!
ReplyDeleteDoug said, "Moses did not want to lead because he knew, 1st hand, that power corrupts. The people rebelled because
ReplyDelete1) the wouldn't TRUST God
2) they wanted power
3)They wanted comfort and security
In the 40 years of wandering, they were to learn dependancy and obedience. 1.3 million people died as a result of their pride. 1 act of disobedience and anger kept Moses from the prmise fulfilled. He didn't honor God and took the glory for himself."
Those words really pricked my heart. How many times I am guilty of the SAME SIN. Pride, power-seeking, self-honoring behavior. Good stuff!
Wow, It was Awesome! After his performance, it was especially cool to see Him Worship in Song as well and singing. Moses Was singing and It was as powerful as his presentation on Stage. You could see the Joy and Praise in his whole being! WOW! That just added extra credibility to the whole Morning's presentation.
ReplyDeleteThe whole performance was so insightful- Doug made me think of things that I never would have thought. He made Moses very real- Sometimes I have a hard time thinking of the people of the Bible as real people just like us- just along time ago!- And my boys had fun going to talk to him as Moses!!- Great day at church.
ReplyDeletehe looked good for the oldest dude I've ever met.
ReplyDeleteIt was cool to see how the song after Doug (Our God Reigns) echoed several things that Moses said from the stage (we didn't plan that).