Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Do you really think God cares?

I saw this comment on Facebook tonight during American Idol: "I'm praying for Adam to win".

Do you really think God cares who wins a TV competition? I mean, I'd like to think His favor and grace shines on the Redskins (especially when playing the Cowboys), but come on.

Could it be that someone who prays for something that trivial and totally non-spiritual (AI is purely entertainment, feeding a hunger for "idol" worship in American pop culture. Yeah, I suppose the same could be said for most everything in the entertainment world)...could it be that God is going to get involved with who wins and who loses? Are such prayers a waste of precious breath that could be praying for starving children, swine flu victims, lost sinners, confused pastors...whatever?

I wonder. Do you?

(BTW, Adam is still alive in the competition. Maybe there's something to that prayer?)

No comments:

Post a Comment