
This monthly worship gathering for believers begins at 6:30 tonight.
There will be lots of music. Pastor Burnie Staples will lead us to remembering the body and blood of Christ at the Communion table. And Tommy and Claire Drake, who are moving away soon, will be given an "exit interview" by Rick.
It promises to be a special evening.
Wow!
ReplyDeleteIt was incredible.
Seeing Tricia up there singing with the choir last night, one year with her new lungs, was indescribable joy!
ReplyDeleteI missed the first few songs due to the need to burp my youngest son. I will say that the rest of 1st Wednesday for me was very powerful. The last two songs were fantastic and put the focus where it needs to be.
ReplyDeleteThe exit interview was great and I've been thinking a lot this morning about what I heard from the Drakes last night and wish I had a recording of it to listen again. Tommy and Claire "get it"!
We are recording and podcasting all of our F1RST Wednesday gatherings now (speaking/message/interviews only). This week's should be up on Friday!
ReplyDeleteI love First Wednseday. I'm getting so much out them. I know it's not about me, but still it awesome!
ReplyDeleteI'll miss Tommy and Claire, whatever church they end up at will be blessed to have them.
May I also add as a parent (I can't say young parent because I'm old) of two infants and a pre-schooler. It can be a bit stressful getting stuff together and loaded and out the door with the 3 kids. Ty gets to bed later than usual on a school night. But when I experience worship and encouragement as I did on Wednesday night the time together with my church family far outweighs any "inconvenience" or "stress".
ReplyDeleteAs a parent (not as a pastor or staff person) I would encourage all families to give 1st Wednesday a shot. You will find it is an awesome and needed time of worship together. Plus we get to be obedient to Christ by observing the Lord's Supper. It's a blessing to me and I'm sure to the heart of God.
Also as a parent let me add that I'm so thankful for the ministry that the nursery and children's ministry team does to make it possible for us, the church, to have these special times of worship together. Ministry happens when NHC partners have a passion to serve Christ and his church. THANKS!!