Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday Feedback June 7

Was it just me, or did anyone else sense God's Spirit in charge this morning?

How long does it take to get your fear factor to overcome your faith? What does it take? And if God sends manna your way, will you obey His directives or try to cut corners.

Whether it was in a way you served; someone you saw serving; a song; the most awesome baptism or in the message, what did God use Sunday to move you along in your journey?

(If you have baptism pictures, please send them to us!)

8 comments:

  1. both gatherings were more awesome than usual. It seemed everyone came worshipping to church this morning, ready to join their voices as one to sing and pray and give and open the Word together. The band all felt a difference this morning, which is always cool. And, the second gathering was singing louder than I've ever heard any singing in that building. The sermon was a great reminder that we are meant to live for so much more. The baptism was incredible, and I took the time to look at those chillin' on the beach who were not only watching, but getting out of their seats to come over and participate with us. I'm praying every Sunday this summer is as impacting as this one was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get a blessing from every worship gathering, but today was so much more. From the man who had the liver transplant almost dancing in worship and praise, to the outstanding music, to the thought that when we continue to be disobedient we "trample on God's grace"...every part of the service was amazing. I could almost feel the unity of those present; it seemed that all of us were absolutely engrossed in worship for the entire one hour and fifteen minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a GREAT morning! I could hear the congregation singing through my headphones! The message was a "10" (again!).
    And is ther any greater thrill than to be able to Baptize your own child?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dunked my child in the ocean yesterday as well, for the firs time...without the "buried in the likeness of His death" stuff, though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I pulled my ear buds out so I could hear the church singing. There are those worship gatherings where you can see on the faces of the folks that they are there to sing to God.

    I again was super impressed by our first impressions team. Mike and the crew do a super job each week.

    Thanks to everyone who served yesterday! It takes a lot of partners to accomplish the task week after week at NHC. I enjoy it when I encounter a partner serving in ministry and you can tell that they are passionate about their ministry and get joy from serving Christ and his church (even if it means changing a diaper or two).

    Kids' Zone crew ministered to over 100 babies, children and their parents yesterday. You guys ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where do you even start with a day like yesterday? Sitting across the aisle from Kurt Beach was nothing less than inspiring. He reacted to every word in every song, every thought, every humorous insert and every idea in the sermon. I've often said I'd love to see unbridled joy. Thanks to Kurt Beach, I've finally seen it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's Wednesday and Sunday's worship gatherings and baptisms are still on my mind.
    God is at work in and through NHC. Not the building, not the name, but the people.

    ReplyDelete
  8. By the way, Mo has been on top of the drink machine for a while. His feet must be cold! He needs a change of scenery and temp!!

    ReplyDelete