Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Update from the Glock family


Greetings from the Outer Banks of North Carolina!

In a good place -
We bought a little plaque for my parents that reads, "Grandma and Grandpa's nest, where the Flock gather. We are blessed to be here and enjoy the blessings of their home.

Not only only are we in a good place to stay, Sylvie and I feel we are in a good place in relation to our work in France. One of the things I watch when we come back to the States is how long it is till I'm ready to go back. During our trip in 2007 it was 4 or 5 weeks before I was ready to think about it. This time it has been just 2 weeks. This just underlines what I wrote about in the last update. We've entered a new season of ministry in France.

Travelling -
We came to the States this summer with an extra child. Mathilde Cuzin is a good friend of Anastasia's and a daughter of family at the CEP. She will be flying back to France Sunday and we are going up to the DC area to show here some of the sights. We will worship at Wallace Presbyterian Church this Sunday. This is a sort of homecoming for me. I grew up at Wallace and have not been back for some time. For those from Wallace who read this update I'm looking forward to being with you all, especially in the new building.

Pascal's arm -
He's in a bright orange cast. The fracture was not displaced so we are hoping that he'll get it off at his first follow-up visit on the 30th.

Fraternellement,
Matt

ps the attached photo was taken while we were on a bear watching trip!

Matthew and Sylvie Glock
2 rue Champ Rochas
38240 Meylan
FRANCE
tel 04 76 04 84 06

2 comments:

  1. Some people who look just like the Glocks have been checking out our church the past few weeks...

    ReplyDelete