Watching the Kids Zone team grow in number, and in service has really been blowing me away over the last several weeks. To serve with a team that is so dedicated to reaching children for Christ is a blessing beyond words. THANK YOU ALL!!!
I am loving this series. From the first, it felt like the most basic,clear and refreshing teaching to my soul. Holiness is what we long for, but this is teaching us exactly how to get it! Also, I have wanted to say this for about 2 years (!) but ever since we moved into the new building, there have been times during the singing part of our worship that people just CAN'T stay sitting down. With me being at the back of the room at the tech table, I'm the first to know when that happens. I don't remember it happening in our old little church, but there is something about this room that welcomes such a reaction. Every time I see it happen, I get a lump in my throat to watch someone singing from their heart and realize the words and emotions are just too much for them to worship without standing up! It touches my heart every time. I think it does the same for God.
Watching the Kids Zone team grow in number, and in service has really been blowing me away over the last several weeks. To serve with a team that is so dedicated to reaching children for Christ is a blessing beyond words. THANK YOU ALL!!!
ReplyDeleteI am loving this series. From the first, it felt like the most basic,clear and refreshing teaching to my soul. Holiness is what we long for, but this is teaching us exactly how to get it!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I have wanted to say this for about 2 years (!) but ever since we moved into the new building, there have been times during the singing part of our worship that people just CAN'T stay sitting down. With me being at the back of the room at the tech table, I'm the first to know when that happens. I don't remember it happening in our old little church, but there is something about this room that welcomes such a reaction. Every time I see it happen, I get a lump in my throat to watch someone singing from their heart and realize the words and emotions are just too much for them to worship without standing up! It touches my heart every time. I think it does the same for God.
Matt and I are already working on this week's message on church holiness. The rubber will meet the road this week.
ReplyDeleteAnd to Roxanne, I think we're growing in our understanding of worship and we're learning more about the freedom genuine worship brings.