Friday, February 19, 2010

From Robin Brooks

Dear Praying Friends,

Thank you so much for your prayers for my Grandpa and for all of you who have sent words of encouragement to our family. We are so blessed to have so many people praying for us. Many of you have been writing this week to ask for an update on his condition and also and update on my health situation. So here’s a brief update.

Grandpa:
My Grandpa has improved somewhat with the care that Hospice has been providing. Hospice says that this is normal for Alzheimer’s patients and they are still overseeing his care. At this point they cannot give a specific life expectancy, but it doesn’t seem to be as imminent as they first thought in their initial evaluation. So my parents are continuing on with their ministry trip in the South Pacific and my uncle has taken his ministry trip to Peru. We’re praying God will sustain Grandpa’s life until their scheduled return to the USA, but they will return if Grandpa makes a significant downward turn. We appreciate your continued prayers for my Grandparent’s through this uncertain and emotional time. We are trusting that God has all things under control and we are in the center of His care. I’ll let you know when he has transferred to his Heavenly Home.

My Health
Thank you too for your prayers for my health and the treatments for my asthma and allergies. It’s not easy to give a report because my lung condition is still in the “Chronic, acute, persistent” category, which means that it is unstable. A report this morning may even change by the end of the day. But I do feel that I’ve made a little progress this past month. However, I have a continual virus of some sort and it usually ends up in my lungs. I have very little voice and find that conversations are actually harder on me that activities. So I continue to keep a quiet and low profile. I’m trying to increase my activities before having to increase my interaction with people. I have an excellent Dr and I continue to see him weekly for evaluation and adjustment of medications. We are working together to keep my lungs clear enough to get a monthly asthma shot. That is pretty much a daily challenge, but I was able to receive my second asthma shot yesterday. Last month’s shot gave me a few days of increased lung capacity so I’m anticipating the same with this shot. However, the Dr and nurses all say that it takes three or four months of these shots before things stabilize. But that lands us right in the middle of the Spring allergy season, so they are not guaranteeing a huge change before a year of being on these shots. We cannot begin my allergy shots until I have the asthma under control, so that part of the treatment is till on hold indefinitely. I know that God can speed this process up, but at the same time He may choose to let the medication take it’s normal course. So I’ll trust Him with whatever time frame He wants to bring improvement.

This will continue to be a long term prayer request through the remainder of my medical furlough which goes through August. I don’t plan on sending out many updates as things change so often and I’m also trying to keep up with the therapy and increased activity the doctor has assigned to keep me progressing. I don’t have much energy for correspondence after I’ve completed all that for a day. But I do appreciate so much your prayers and know that God is answering in His time. He is keeping me encouraged and strengthened in the Lord. I’m enjoying my extended times in prayer and the Word and know that He is preparing me for what He has next.

I appreciate each one of you and thank you for your support and encouragement.
God Bless,
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment