Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Anonby Update

Greetings! Trust you are all well. It’s time again to fill you in on what’s been happening here.

In September, I (Stan) participated in the biennial Brazilian missions conference, which took place in Caldas Novas. Over 20 organizations were at these exciting meetings. There was much discussion about the results of the surveys that I have been doing the last few years. It is so encouraging to feel we are all working together to identify the best strategy to reach the Indigenous peoples of Brazil. Pray the Lord will continue to guide and unite us.

In October, Sandy was chosen to travel to Panama for a week of leadership training. It was a great opportunity for her to learn about her strengths.

In November, I surveyed five groups along the Trans-Amazon highway, which turned out to be one long mud hole. I spent many days on the back of a dirt bike with friends Luiz and Douglas. The trip was so rough that by the end I felt 10 years older. But what a joy it was to feel a part of something the Lord was doing. In almost every village, people were so hungry for spiritual things. What a privilege to feel His virtue flow as I prayed with them. Luiz caught the vision too and has gone back to the area to do ministry.

I returned to find a crisis at home. Sandy hemorrhaged critically, needed a blood transfusion, and spent several days in hospital. For now, she is being treated with medication. We pray the problem will be resolved soon. Although she is still in a lot of pain, she continues to teach physical education at the school.

Over Christmas, we traveled by plane and bus to Mendoza, Argentina, where I lived as a boy. I hadn’t been back in 30 years, so it was a wonderful homecoming time. We stayed with old friends, visited late into the night, and hiked up to old haunts. For New Year’s, we rented a car and caravanned with two other families over the Andes to Chile. All of us enjoyed the rugged scenery and the seven kids (ages 13-22!) loved the beach.

Thank you for your continued support and prayers.


No comments:

Post a Comment