Wednesday, March 3, 2010

F1RST Wednesday Feedback - March

Offer your bodies as a living sacrifice.

How can you step outside of your comfortable worship box on Sunday mornings and during the rest of your week?

Why do we Stand in Awe, Lift our Hands, Bow/Kneel, Shout and Clap in worship?

Tell us about your experience at F1RST Wednesday this month!

3 comments:

  1. Wooow, So this is some of what I've been missing from your class. I felt like I was starting to be let loose from the leish.
    Billy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to hear the "why's" along with the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes, on Sundays in church, I want to stand and raise my hands, but I don't because of a constant battle of an awkward fear and embarrassment by the idea of being the only one or the first one, of being in the spotlight. I marvel in envy by the ones I follow; I stand when told by either the leader or the group, even though I may have been "itching" to stand...I wait.

    Last night at First Wednesday, I felt a change. I've always known that when we sing and stand and raise our hands and voices it's done all for God. I've always known and believed that, but last night I FELT what that meant.

    Last night, Nathan created an enviroment, a comfortable enviroment, not only to learn why and how we worship, but he created an enviroment where the energy resonated amongst us all. I felt the love for God, I think because we all felt comfortable stepping outside our comfort box, knowing that the only one watching you, the only one that matters, is God. And worshipping collectively, without awkward fear holding us back was inspiring and uplifting...From my personal opinion anyway.

    Thank you so much for your help.

    ReplyDelete