Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Glock Update

Dear partners in the gospel,

I'm beginning this update with that greeting because I've been spending a lot of time in Paul's letter to the Philippians and I'm seeing partnership everywhere! Paul wrote this to the Philippian church, "I thank my God every time I remember you. I always pray with joy in my every prayer for all of you because of your participation in the gospel from the first day until now." Paul's experience of joy was based on the memories of his partnership with the Philippians. The greek word for partnership is koinonia and in other contexts it is translated as communion or fellowship.

I understand what Paul was writing about because for 19 years I've been writing to you, our partners in the gospel. I scan through the list of recipients and my memory is flooded with so many faces and experiences. What a blessing to be in communion for the sake of the gospel. I thank my God every time I remember you!

And our partnership continues...

The CEP and the ICG
It starts with the work in the churches here in Grenoble. This Sunday (March 7th) the ICG and the CEP will have a combined bilingual worship service followed by a fellowship meal. One of the important developments in the partnership between the two churches is the desire to make know the Gospel of Jesus Christ together. Over the last three years we have grown in our communion together and now this is moving us out in mission together. The leaders of both churches sense that something significant is happening between the two churches and we believe this will lead to many turning to Christ. Thank you for your prayers.

ITeams France
From time to time I've spoke about working with Thierry Mirone to create a French mobilizing entity that would be a part of the ITeams worldwide family. We held the official meeting on February 8th. The board is in place and the paper work for the French government is in motion. Thierry has gathered together a diverse group of French believer to support ITeams France. It is exciting to see them take up the challenge of helping Thierry in his ministry of mobilizing teams into short-term missions. It has been my joy to help get things going and to see others take up the challenge. Please keep Thierry in your prayers as builds up a team of leaders capable to lead short-term teams.

Our family
Sylvie and I are grateful for all of you who pray for our family. Anastasia, Juliet and Pascal are doing well. Yesterday I was teaching the T&T group at AWANA. We read together the verse from 1 Samuel where it talks about Samuel growing both in "stature and favor with God and man." Sylvie and I see the same thing for our children. We thank God for this grace.

With love in Christ,

Matt for the five of us

No comments:

Post a Comment