Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sunday Feedback 2/6/11

Do you really believe John 3:16?

How did I first hear the Gospel of Jesus explained in a way I could understand? Who shared it with me? Where was I?


What would my life be like if I had never heard of Jesus and how He could be my Savior?


What if no one cared enough to lead me to Christ?


Who will be in heaven because I shared God’s plan of salvation with them?



Thanks to all who served A Room @ the Inn this past week! Two of the guys came back this morning for church!

2 comments:

  1. While you were talking this morning about only 7% of Bankers being in church on any given Sunday, the thought occurred: NHC is the best-kept secret on the Outer Banks, when it comes to churches. Usually when we talk about the "Best-kept Secret", we are referring to Sept. and Oct. as the best time of the year here, or an excellent restaurant that only the locals know about. But NHC is the best, in terms of our message, vision, facilities, and emphasis on missions. We have all we need to let the other 93% who call Dare County home in on the secret. What a wake-up call today's message was. As much as we do, it is a mere drop in the bucket compared to what we need to do, and what God expects us to do. This series on "Vision" has been amazing. Thanks for jump-starting us to remember why we exist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't hear the gospel explained in a way I could understand until we were being interviewed to join NHC. Tom was the one who shared it with us (BLESS YOU TOM!). Both of us grew up "in the church" and never knew the simple truth. We were shocked to have come this far in our lives and not know the most important truth. My life would still be in the "making it" stage had I not found out. I'm pretty certain I've led 4 people to Christ in the past 2 years. I think of hugging them in heaven and how sweet that will be. All I can do is pray for the many others I've shared the truth with. 93% is a shocking number but believable! I was very excited to see our Room @ the Inn friends at church! :)
    OH...and yes, I REALLY BELIEVE JOHN 3:16 with ALL my heart and soul.

    ReplyDelete