Greetings everyone!
We returned from our time in the States a month ago!
The school year has started well on all fronts. Here are some highlights.
Family news
Anastasia is in high school.
Juliet is in middle school.
Pascal gets to be the big brother to Juliet at the middle school.
Here's the inevitable reference to Sylvie and I getting older and wondering where the time has gone. But it is so true! We thank God for the blessing of our three children and pray that they will continue to grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ. Thank you for praying for them too.
You may of noticed that the return email address is mattandsylvie@gmail.com. I've created this address to simplify communication between Sylvie and I. So when you respond to this she'll get your responses right away!
The CEP and the ICG growing in maturity
Last year was a year of transition at the CEP as I finished my ministry and passed on my responsibilities to Jean-yves, which means there is not a lot to do this year and that's a good thing. Tomorrow (September 27th) the church will celebrate the installation of Jean-yves Le Guehennec as pastor. This is a big day for the CEP. Thank you all for your prayers through the years and support for seeing this church grow in maturity. While I am no longer a part of the leadership of the CEP, Sylvie and I continue to attend and are involved in a few ministries.
This year is the ICG's fourth year of existence. We are growing in our understand of our vocation as a local body of believers and our commitment to the mission God has given us. I've been asked to devote more time to pastoring this church. I see my role as similar to what I did for the CEP in helping them get to the place where they could call a full-time pastor.
The Grenoble City Team
Over the last few years the International Teams missionaries in Grenoble have been meeting regularly. Last year we chose to call ourselves the Grenoble City Team convinced that what we were doing individually needed to be brought together. We exist to encourage, resource and facilitate the development of transforming communities among churches in Grenoble through the design and implementation of specialized projects. I'm team leader, which means I get to coordinate our meetings and help the other missionaries in their respective ministries in whatever way is needed. God is doing some very exciting things through the various ministries of the team and in future update I'll be highlighting what is going on.
Wrapping this up...
I'm realizing that I needed to write sooner because there is way too much to talk about... As always I'm deeply grateful for your faithful participation in our ministry. Just by making it to the end of this email is a great encouragement to us! I've attached a pdf file that is an interview I did with Logan Long. He and his family were members of the ICG. They've returned to the States and Logan had a school project. The interview is about being a missionary.
With love in Christ,
Matt for the five of us.
Love Song: Where Are They Now?
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment