Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Prayer Update from our missionary Don DeHart

(This was an email from Don to me, but I want to share it with the NHC family so we can all hear Don's heart and pray for his physical needs as well. Rick)

Thank you Brother,

You are a shepherd. There's a song we heard on the radio the other day...country no less. The lyrics go...
'God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy..."

I tasted beer in the 60's once during my Navy days...didn't like it. I've watched it destroy my bride's parents and family, and more Native people than I can name.

The first and last lines resonate well in me...and I know many Christians who would agree with all three, especially here in Canada...and my son there in Carolina.

Your gift of Pastor Rick Warren's devotional was good, but doesn't rhyme in the song.

Thank you for passing it along. It encouraged me. Helped me focus on what I know to be true...bedrock theology in all other things I believe.

Summer has run it's wild course again, I'm evidently not as young as I once was. Feeling it.

We had a sweet week of holiday with all our children in Washington near Anacortes week before last...mid-week I took some kind of chest infection, took me to the mat, no one else has it thankfully, doctor doesn't know what it is...in the days I've been in bed, it has come to me that maybe it is just a touch from Gods good hand to slow me down and regroup before the fall ministry gets it's head of steam. Sweeping changes in NAIM...one being the Recruiting and Summer Missionary Institute want to come under the First Nations Partnership as we focus on connection with potential Native staff recruits in a more intentional approach, without neglecting or marginalizing normal recruiting of whomever God may be calling to serve alongside us. Intentionally going after Native recruits in 3rd and 4th generation Christian Native areas like Oklahoma and the SW USA, without excluding any other ethic people God may be calling to join our ministry team.

My heart is in partnership, not anything coming under anything...but under the guiding Hand of our Creator...together.

So, I spend most of each day sleeping, reading, resting...thinking...praying some...your note helped. I'm grateful.

I'm going back Thursday for a check up, planned for today but canceled by the clinic. As I let my body gain new strength, will y'all pray also for clear vision as to where to put the best energy, so many ways I can be busy...but I want to do the best of those and leave the others. Will y'a'll join me in this quest?

How sweet it would be to gather with y'all again...
don

1 comment: