Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Advent Conspiracy

Somewhere between the very first Christmas (you know, the one where Jesus was born) and 2010, we have lost the original meaning of Christmas. It's not that gifts and trees and carols are a bad thing, but wasn't Christmas meant to be more?

If we want to know what Christmas is really meant to be, we should ask the question, "How did Jesus celebrate that first Christmas?"

The answer - He gave Himself.

Relationally
Incarnation
Time
Space
Presence

So, if we truly want to celebrate Christmas as God meant it to be celebrated, we'll simply follow Jesus' lead.

Check out the video below, and then visit the Advent Conspiracy website. Consider taking the challenge with Nags Head Church this Christmas season to begin with worship. What would it look like if every partner at Nags Head Church participated in Advent Conspiracy this Christmas? Could we change the world?



And, look for more about Advent Conspiracy at NHC all this month.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like we are about to discover the difference between a need and a greed:) The video is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone told me about this video before I had the chance to check it out. It is everything they said it was--it called to my attention that I can so easily get caught up in the goodness of giving that I forget to thank God for his grace and mercy--and for the resources to be able to help some of those who are in need. I look forward to learning more this month and, when I miss two Sundays due to family travel, I'll be checking out the recorded messages on the church website. Thanks for connecting us to such meaningful, inspirational sites.

    ReplyDelete