Dear Rick and Nags Head family,
Thank you for caring for us so well. My stress test went amazing well...the lady who administered said I had the heart of a 30 year old. When she shut down the machine, I was dizzy and my lungs were screaming at me.
Back to the specialist today, and our family doctor later. I did well on the stress test. He wants to go deeper with a dye/scan stress test in mid-January. My lungs do have fluid. Another pulmonary test in 3 to 6 months. Seems the chest pain is muscle/joint related. Inflammation in my chest area. Lung capacity seems to be about 71%...thus weakness, dizziness, shortness of breath and weariness.
I fell 4 times since August apparently from dizziness...down the steps here and at Julie's home and in the back yard down a rain slick grassy hill. Each one was a hard landing. Back on some dizziness medication and just keeping nitro, aspirin and a puffer with me. He told me to resume moderate exercise listening to my body.
I'm encouraged and yet frustrated... just wanting a clear cut "pill" diagnosis. I'm grateful it may not be heart related at all. Glad to be free to exercise again. Dealing with low energy, itching in my chest wall, dry cough and dizziness with short breath...not so encouraging...yet my problems are small compared to so many...makes me ashamed.
I'm encouraged... we have the release window between tests to go meet our new grandson and to resume exercise...and not fret over heart concerns for now with 80% positive testing...keeping in mind the family heart history. Trusting is quest.
Thank y'all for loving us so well. May the deep Christmas joy promised be yours' in these coming days,
don and mary
Love Song: Where Are They Now?
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment