Monday, January 4, 2010

Starting Off On The Right Foot

Have you made any new year resolutions?

This is a great time to start fresh or to begin building into your life a habit that can change your life. http://www.youversion.com has some great new daily Bible reading plans. Youversion is totally free. You can set up your own personal account. On your account page you can track your reading progress, read some thoughts written by others who have read the same verses, share your thoughts about the scripture with others.

The feature I like is the "Journal". I can actually write down verses that spoke to me in today's reading, write down my thoughts and prayers. A great tool to help me internalize what I'm reading and apply it to my life. It's easy to read for knowledge but where Bible reading makes the difference in a person's life is when the word is applied.

A couple of other great features are "accountability" and syncing with your iPhone, Android or Blackberry. This gives you the ability to read on the road or during the day when you get a few moments of peace or a break. The accountability allows you to connect with your accountability partner to track how you are both doing in your scripture reading. Imagine if how your Bible reading would improve if you knew someone was on the journey with you.

I would encourage you to check out Youversion.

No comments:

Post a Comment