Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Update from Robin Brooks

Dear Friends,

Thank you for your faithful prayers and encouragement through this transition back to the USA and for my health challenges. God has used you to encourage and help me in ways that I cannot express. God continues to confirm through His faithful provision and your care that this move back to the USA is part of His plan for me.

Answers to Prayer:
My container arrived on Dec. 11th and there was a huge group of people to help unload and set up the essential furniture. God cleared the predicted snow storm so the container could be delivered before my parent’s trip on Dec. 12th.

The title for my car arrived on Dec. 10th and my dad was able to get it registered on Dec. 11th. I’m so grateful for my parent’s help and their willingness to readjust their travel schedules to help me.
Friends helped with unpacking and getting me set up in my apartment while my parents were away.
God has provided people to help with my snow removal and house cleaning.
Through you God has provided for my monthly support and enough funds to cover the personal expenses of this move.
Just before Christmas I found out that the Dr.’s assistant who handles my case is a Christian. That is a huge blessing in that we can both be praying for wisdom in treating my condition.
God gave me the strength to attend a Christmas Eve Service and my unsaved neighbors joined me.
God blessed me with a special Christmas and New Years Day with His presence. I did spend these days alone, but it was such a joy to read through my praise diary and recall all the wonderful blessings that God brought into my life in 2009. Thanks for being such an important part of those blessings.

Prayer Requests:
Please pray that my lungs and body will clear of viruses and infection so we can begin the next level of asthma treatments. My body seems to have digressed back into the pattern of constant infections. I’m trying to obey the Dr.’s orders and rest as much as possible and not be out in crowds, but it seems to take so little to cause me to have another set back. These shots will make a difference in my health eventually, but I have to get started on them in the first place.

Please pray that I’ll guard my heart and mind with the truths of God’s Word as I spend time with Him each day. I’ve not been able to get to church except for the Christmas Eve service. I’m grateful for the media teaching ministry and the encouragement that I’m gaining from that. But I do look forward to the day when I’m strong enough to worship together with others.

Please pray that I’ll be diligent in the ministry of prayer during this medical furlough. This is an important ministry that I can be doing.

Please pray my neighbors and that the message they heard on Christmas Eve will convict their hearts of their need for a Savior.

Thank you again for your ministry of prayer and encouragement to me.
God Bless,

Robin Brooks

rbrooks@biblicalministries.org

No comments:

Post a Comment