Saturday, May 30, 2009

The Group

I belong to a Saturday morning Connection Group of guys. This morning's group just knocked the ball out of the park.

Our study is on the life of David and viewing what it means to be a success. It also views the moments of failure that brought tragedy to his life.

This morning our leader Mark got us started and the discussion just took off from there. He did exactly what a group leader should do. Everyone had come prepared and it was so fantastic to be a part of a group of men talking honestly and openly about the subject. And we didn't chase any rabbit trails. We stayed on track. It was nothing short of incredible.

I love being a part of a group like this. Frankly, I've never been involved with a group of men like these guys on Saturday and the men I meet with on Thursday morning. Never, in over 40 years of following Christ.

If you're part of a group, please take a moment and "brag" on it. If you're not in a group, I hope you'll be encouraged to join one or help get a new one started.

2 comments:

  1. Our group is growing, if just by one at a time! The parenting series we're going through is really good, even if it is geared for parents of kids a little older than our own children. Any parents of young kids are more than welcome to join us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Nathan were writing about the connection group I host and co-lead, he'd say we don't know when to stop (because Tricia is in the group and gets home late!!). From my view, we have exciting women from college age through ancient who enjoy getting together to study a rich curriculum delivered by Bath Moore. We even encourage folks to come early so we can eat and fellowship before the 7:00 hour when we officially start. We are a large group so we have lots of prayer requests and lots of discussion about the situations we encounter in the study of Esther. We've already included breaks during this trimester's schedule time to do ministry and mission projects. We ROCK!

    ReplyDelete