Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sunday Feedback May 24

Faith is believing God's promises even when we have no clue how He'll come through. He does the impossible and with Him it's all easy.

Whether it was in a song, the Word, how you served or something you observed today, tell us about your worship experience today.

6 comments:

  1. NHC mornings always bring so many things - Today, it was AWESOME having the Johnson family home and seeing all of the love and smiles in their family spread into the lives of their church family.

    Also on a ministry note, Matt F rocks as an intern! Thanks Matt for being flexible and jumping over to Lil K. They really appreciated your being there this morning, as you know they were at room capacity again!!!!

    And, big church was right on this morning! The message in song, visible in servant hearts, and in word reached me for sure. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To add to Tina's comment... We had to turn away 5 pre schoolers from Lil K this morning because they were maxed out in the room.

    The nursery team rocked it again today. 17 babies in the first gathering. I didn't check the numbers for the second gathering.

    Thanks to Lauren, Katie and Aleena for being flexible and having servant's hearts and jumping in where needed today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And props to Nathan who led worship while sick with a fever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Following God is simple, but it's not easy. Faith is believing God even when we can't figure out what he is doing or where he's going. It's believing in him when we can't feel him. Someone asked me today, "what if we're wrong, what if there is no God?" My response, "then I lived a life of hope rather than one of despair".
    Our perception of God is limited because we box him into predictable solutions. We can't see what's going on behind the scenes. That's where our faith comes in. Unseen...
    "The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still". Wow, what a promise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't have come if the worship choir hadn't been scheduled...I actually didn't feel too bad Sunday morning, although I have to admit that I missed most of the sermon sitting out in the lobby both gatherings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I appreciated the acknowledgement of Memorial Day. Cindy Antlitz's son, Brad, was with her in the 11:00 service. I felt her joy for having him home safe and sound. Deadre Henderson, my last summer's tenant from William & Mary, was with me at the 11:00 service, too. Her brother Miles, who was her only sibling, died in Iraq two years ago. I felt her pain for still missing him so much. We decorated my yard with flags and she ran a mile in his honor. It was a good day.

    ReplyDelete