Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sunday Feedback May 17

When your back is against the wall (and God put you there).

What? No bagels or danish or sweet potato biscuits? It's time to re-focus on why we've had the refreshments. It was not intended to be breakfast for us or our kids, but a vehicle to promote fellowship. So for a couple weeks it's gone. But it will be back, hopefully to be enjoyed for its purpose and to use as a tool to welcome guests. So eat breakfast before you come!

After worship there was a frank and transparent sharing from our elders about church finances.

Whether it was in a song, a conversation, a ministry opportunity or from today's message, what did you come away with today?

10 comments:

  1. It's always a great thing, even if it's a tough topic, to hear from our elders as a group...I appreciate the fact that they lead us with transparency and honesty...that's hard to come by in a church these days.

    KidMo was as loud as I've ever heard them today!

    Got to meet several guests in the lobby today! Lot's of great people checking out NHC! I hope our other partners are taking the time to welcome our guests!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned that sometimes it is better to sit back and be quiet. Leave it in God's hands, it is part of His plan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exodus 14:14 "The Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still."

    What is it you said, Rick? Simple doesn't mean easy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly! I don't know about others, but making my self be still and quiet is really hard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In this struggling economy I really appreciated this sermon. I had myself so worked up over the store I was literally making myself sick from the stress last week. Even though I know God is in control it was a good reminder that life isn't going to be easy and even when you are sure you are moving in a direction God wants you to be moving in there still can be struggles. Those struggles don't necessarily mean we are doing something wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Jodi - that's the verse that jumped out at me as well.

    With what is going on in life it is often hard for me to remember that.

    Perhaps I should get a tattoo with that verse . . . no on second thought I don't like needles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was an interesting morning being the one to give the news that there was no "breakfast". :) Most accepted with a pleasant smile. Others wanted sausage and eggs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What...we're serving sausage and eggs now!!! Woo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Rick: Still and quiet is dang near impossible for me! :) Good thing His power is made perfect in my weakness.

    @ Andy: I have a hard time remembering too...a minute to minute challenge. So, don't give me any ideas...I don't have a problem with needles! haha!

    ReplyDelete