Dear Friends,
There are moments in life when God will clearly reminds us that he's got things under control.
He is always at work. He never slumbers. He never gets tired.
The windows of our church's building face some apartments. A few months ago I preached about "la maison d'en face" (the house across from us). We are located in a residential area and I often ask myself "What do the people living around us think about us?" I can't take credit for thinking this way. Mark Soderquist is an ITeams missionary who works in the inner-city of Chicago. He challenges anyone within the sound of his voice to seriously consider if the neighbor where their church is located would notice if the church left. In other words what do the people, who see our building, think about us. Are we good news for them?
Here in France most people look at our building and haven't a clue. This past week we had some proof that this is changing.
It started Friday. Each year the children in the primary present the songs they've been learning during the school year. Sylvie was in attendence. The children sang wonderfully and brought her to tears. After the concert she ran into N. (as you can see I'm not going to use her full name), a mother of three who lives in the apartments across from the CEP. She too had been moved by the singing. She immediately tells Sylvie how beautiful the music was and how it made her realize that she believes in God and how she been talking about God with Emmanuel who runs the neighborhood pizzeria and how Emmanuel had asked if she knew about the CEP and about how she really wanted to come to the CEP to sing with us...
A few missing details...
Emmanuel is a brother in Christ from one of our sisters churches. He's been making pizzas in his restaurant for the last 7 years. I visit with Emmanuel on a regular basis. We talk about our faith and encourage each other. His restaurant is on the same street as the CEP about 400 yards away. I always tell that God has called him to watch over and pray for our neighborhood.
Sylvie and I have know N. for a number of years. About a year ago she expressed interest in the CEP. Sylvie invited her to a number of events. Then for a number of months silence. And while saying she believes in God is a great start we'd like to see her cross the street and join us. More importantly we are praying that she would accept Jesus as her Savior and Lord.
When I told Emmanuel about the way God is working in N.'s life he fell to his knees. He's an evangelist and takes every opportunity he can to talk about Jesus. Pray for Emmanuel and his family.
God is at work.
With love in Christ,
Matt
Matthew and Sylvie Glock
2 rue Champ Rochas
38240 Meylan
FRANCE
tel 04 76 04 84 06
http://www.endirect.blogs.com/endirect
Love Song: Where Are They Now?
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment