Responsibilities and excuses. God laid out to Moses what he would be doing the remainder of the journey. Moses countered with excuses. Eventually God had enough of his excuses and Moses had to leave them there on the mountain.
Whether it was in a song, a conversation, a ministry opportunity or from today's message, what did you come away with today?
Love Song: Where Are They Now?
3 years ago
great message about lame excuses, Denise did a great job sharing her story...lots of excuses in the bucket at the end of the second gathering that all met the paper shredder!
ReplyDeleteMy "aha moment" was when Rick said, "the power to do God's will is not dependent on my ability, skills, or talents. Unless powered by God it will be ineffective. When we do it in our own power, we get frustrated and quit."
ReplyDeleteThere are tooooo many times, a day, that I try to do it in my own power, get frustrated, beat down and ready to quit. This requires a constant course adjustment, as we 'take back over' without even realizing it.
Good stuff.
Love the songs too! AND to top it all off, I found MO
Going along with sister Bonita's comment:
ReplyDeleteI have also found myself in the same place. Why do I seem to forget that the Holy Spirit lives in me? If I would just remember to plug into Him for the power I need.
I have also used the excuses "I'm not worthy.", "I'm too busy". etc....
Some of the busiest people I know are the most faithful and active in ministry.
The first service was great. Today we put the twins in the nursery for the first time. Our nursery team R-O-C-K-S. If you are a lady who is a member of NHC and you want to impact families' lives I would highly recommend you join the nursery team and serve each Sunday and watch babies grow and watch families grow in the Lord.
I was very nervous up there, I don't like all that attention but realized that I did not want that to be my "excuse". The big hug,and the words "I needed that today" were answers to my prayer that just one would be touched by my story. Thank you God for the opportunity, and for being with me! Thank you church family for your encouragement and support, thank you Rick for pointing out the excuses we use.
ReplyDeleteBTW, one of my favorite parts of the week is reading the comments under the "feedback" posts...I wish more would chime in...it's great to know what we're doing that is connecting people with God and what we're doing that needs to be improved.
ReplyDelete