I attended the 11:00 service which was packed with people ready to praise God and worship Him. It was awesome! I learned a lot of facts about God's name--but my real learning had to do with how I praise God. When I pray I DO thank Him for my provisions and I DO praise him for His awesomeness...BUT I realize now that the two are usually tied together in my thinking and in my heart. I need to spend more time just acknowledging God for who He is outside of being MY protecter and MY provider.
I've long been interested in understanding the concepts of God not being bound by a timeline the way we understand it... past, present and future. I know He "IS" always, rather than being the way we perceive "used to be" and "will be someday." I'm told that there are other dimensions of time, and God can spend time with each of us... throughout time... at the same time! (Ok, I don't get it completely, but I do believe it!)
Until today,though, I had never thought about Jesus's answers using, "I am" being tied to that, too. It makes perfect sense.
Not being bound by time is one of my favorite things to think about when I think about Heaven. Never running behind or running out... ah... what a concept for me!
I attended the 11:00 service which was packed with people ready to praise God and worship Him. It was awesome! I learned a lot of facts about God's name--but my real learning had to do with how I praise God. When I pray I DO thank Him for my provisions and I DO praise him for His awesomeness...BUT I realize now that the two are usually tied together in my thinking and in my heart. I need to spend more time just acknowledging God for who He is outside of being MY protecter and MY provider.
ReplyDeleteI've long been interested in understanding the concepts of God not being bound by a timeline the way we understand it... past, present and future. I know He "IS" always, rather than being the way we perceive "used to be" and "will be someday." I'm told that there are other dimensions of time, and God can spend time with each of us... throughout time... at the same time! (Ok, I don't get it completely, but I do believe it!)
ReplyDeleteUntil today,though, I had never thought about Jesus's answers using, "I am" being tied to that, too. It makes perfect sense.
Not being bound by time is one of my favorite things to think about when I think about Heaven. Never running behind or running out... ah... what a concept for me!