
Sunday we were challenged about our excuses. Many wrote them on paper and left them behind. (They actually did go right into the shredder!)
But here's another question from Moses' excuse ridden argument with God. "What's that in your hand?" Moses' reply was "A shepherd's staff".
The staff was his primary tool for leading sheep. He was skilled with it. It had many applications with the sheep. And no doubt Moses used it as a walking stick while climbing up the mountain where he met Yahweh. For a 40 year veteran shepherd, the staff was as much a part of him as his arm. It became an extension of his body.
Did you notice that God didn't ask him about his abilities to lead or to speak? But He did ask Moses what he held in his hand. I think Moses was a bit surprised by the question. After all, it was just a stick.
What do you do every day that is second nature to you. Would you be surprised if God said, "I want to use it to do something amazing"? God can and does take the normal and do supernormal things with them. God takes the insignificant of our lives and through them works the miraculous.
If we will listen, trust and obey.
What's in your hand?
I still find it amazing how much he has used my CFHusband blog to influence positive change in others. I originally started it just hoping to keep our family and friends updated...it was fun and useful for that purpose, and I never dreamed or hoped that it would turn into such a great opportunity to share God's story through us to so many.
ReplyDelete