Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunday Feedback March 8

What to do when you've stepped in it...

Holy Ground. Removing your shoes.

Whether it was in a song, a conversation, a ministry opportunity or from today's message, what did you come away with today?

5 comments:

  1. it's not often that people stand on their own when introducing a new song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! Today was awesome! I was so touched by every aspect of the service. We are going to some tough times, and I had never thought about the shoes symbolizing the unholy baggage that we collect and drag into new places in our lives. I almost took my shoes off during the song, Exalted (but I was afraid it would throw me off being 2" shorter as I played). We are going to use my sermon notes and "unpack" the message this week at family devotions. Too much good stuff to only hear it one time. Thanks for working so hard to make it relevant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant 'through' not "to" some tough times. guess I need to pfooread before I hit "post"

    ReplyDelete
  4. The music was excellent, as always, especially the solo that Thanisha did. She has awesome talent. It occurred to me that I not only "step in it", but I step in the same piles over and over. I set the baggage down, and then pick it back up again. Choosing to give God control is really a constant battle. Thanks for the insights.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There have been several times recently that Rick's message was reinforced in an online Monday devotional. This morning, the following appeared on the BMI site:

    "We will never truly understand God and the way He relates to us unless we first comprehend a true sense of His holiness and His demand for holiness among His people. If we are in God’s presence, we are on holy ground!"

    In case we didn't get the message the first time, here it is again! Unreal...

    ReplyDelete